Role Required – Business Development Manager – Contract Catering
To recruit a target-driven, client-focused Business Development Manager with experience in the contract catering sector. The role was being created to complement the existing sales function and support growth of contracts within Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
With an excellent reputation for delivering innovative catering solutions to a wide range of client groups in B&I, Education and Care, this company have great people values and are passionate about recruiting client-centred, food-focused colleagues.
The Role Requirements
There was a preference to find someone with Education sales experience, however we were also able to consider Business Development Managers from the B&I or Retail sector.
It was essential for the Business Development Manager to already enjoy fantastic client relations and strong influencing skills. Whilst the role was focused on developing a strong pipeline in order to gain successful new business wins, retention of existing business was also key, hence being able to consider Operations Managers who were keen to transfer their skill-set to the sales side of the business.
This was a key position in the East Anglia market, reporting directly into and working closely with the Sales Director.
The following requirements were essential:
- Multi-site sales or operational experience within the Contract Catering sector
- Excellent communications skills with clients and internal teams
- Sharp and creative presenting skills
- Ability to listen and identify client needs
- Immaculate personal presentation
- A pro-active solution-focused approach
- Drive, determination and ability work alone and as part of a team
- A highly engaging, energetic, likeable personality
- A strong understanding and passion for the food sector; a true “foodie”
- Excellent written skills
- A strong commercial mind and confidence with numbers
- The ability to influence, win trust and build meaningful and long-term relationships
The following was preferable:
- Sales Management experience within the Education markets
- An operational background within contract catering
This was a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable and continuously growing company.
The salary on offer was £45-£50k + commission (OTE c£60-£65K in year one)