Role required – General Manager, Contract Catering – London
Recruit a proactive, service-orientated General Manager with experience in the management of a large flagship B&I account in Central London.
The employing company was an award-winning contract caterer, who provide innovative food services and hospitality events in the City of London. They had just renewed the contract for a further 5 years, so this was a great time to join the business.
The corporate contract consisted of a multi-stationed staff dining area serving up to 1100 people a day, as well as private meeting and dining rooms and tea/coffee points on various levels. The venues were undergoing refurbishment, moving the catering and hospitality offer forward to provide pristine service with fresh, modern and innovative menus.
The Role Requirements
Essential skills and attributes for the General Manager included:
- Financial acumen and commerciality: to drive sales and profit performance from each offer to support and see through a vision to increase turnover
- Strategic and motivational leadership: to effectively manage around 20 direct reports, whilst creating a nurturing environment with the view to retaining talent in line with business needs and values
- Excellent communication and presence: communication was key to create clear visions and priorities to all members of team and clients and effectively portraying them to all on site
- Strong organisation: the ability to juggle many plates at one time was essential in this fast-paced setting
- Passion for food and knowledge of food trends: working with fresh food concepts was a key company value and the General Manager was expected to support and contribute to the ongoing development in this area
The General Manager needed to reflect and contribute all these attributes, above all utilising their flair for food innovation and ability to drive their team to the next level.
This was a fantastic opportunity to join a reputable and continuously growing company.
The salary on offer was £40-45k and attractive benefits.