Human Resources Director
Role Required – Human Resources Director – London with UK Wide travel
We were tasked with recruiting an experienced Human Resources Director for a growing leisure business who wanted to broaden their brand identity.
As a fairly young and entrepreneurial company, they were needing to create their vision, mission and values almost from scratch, so seeking an HR Director well-versed in these areas with a proven track record of creating a company’s culture and employee engagement tools.
Private equity backed, this national cinema company are invested in creating experiential spaces that offer their customer a unique and memorable customer journey. They have locations in the likes of London, Cambridge, Sheffield and Liverpool.
Not only are they about enjoying an evening of leisure and entertainment, they are also about offering quality food and beverage served in luxury seating and well-designed environments.
Each site is well designed and reflects the level of quality service and experience they wish to become recognised for. Hence appointing the right Human Resources director would be pivotal to creating a clear culture which would allow them to attract and retain the best talent on the market.
The Role Requirements
The Human Resources Director or Head of People needed to have the level of seniority to work in partnership with the Board and have demonstrable experience of leading a proactive talent and human resources function. They needed to be well-versed in:
- Creation of mission & values = culture
- Talent acquisition and management
- Employee attraction, engagement and retention
- Building a behavioural framework
- Implementation of Personal Development Plans
- Succession planning
- Coaching managers through the employee lifecycle
- Learning & Development ( L&D ) coaching
About the candidate, we needed to recruit:
- The ideal candidate will be an experience People / Human Resources Manager / Director
- They needed to hit the ground running on the above job requirements
- A candidate with excellent stakeholder management experience
- An excellent communicator, with a natural ability to influence
- Someone who displays gravitas to lead a diverse team and influence at all levels
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve business performance through people
- Extensive HR generalist experience of handling diverse employee relations issues
- Extensive talent acquisition and management experience involved in hiring and retaining talent
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind
- A natural passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
The salary and package on offer with this role was £