Sales and Event Manager
Role Required – Sales and Event Manager – Bar / Restaurant Operator
We were tasked with recruiting the newly created position of Sales and Event Manager for an innovative bar and restaurant operator. The role was to be based predominantly in central London, the working hours typically being Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm, however due to the demands of a bar and restaurant business, the Sales and Event Manager needed to be flexible due to the requirement to work occasional evenings.
The brief for this Sales and Event Manager was for an innovative bar and restaurant group which was going through a period of expansion. Their unique brand has many restaurant, bar and retail catering concepts from full-service to grab and go. With several sites throughout the UK, however they were focussing their growth on their London business.
The company were looking to recruit a confident and personable Sales and Event Manager who was ambitious and driven. Each of their restaurant, bar, retail locations are able to accommodate a variety of events ranging from exclusive hires, sit down dinners, weddings, drinks receptions and private parties.
The Role Requirements
- Grow and maximise pre-booked sales, encompassing all aspects of corporate and consumer channels.
- Work to pre-determined targets as set by the business, maximising all opportunities to achieve these.
- Recruit, manage, conduct 1-1’s and appraisals to ensure the sales and events team are focused and target driven towards the venue sales strategy.
- Ensure regular and up to date training for the team.
- Manage the key client base.
- Create and execute a business plan for the venues, detailing clear targets and objectives.
- Attend networking events, raising the profile of the brand in the local community.
- Arrange and conduct client meetings to promote the venue.
- Organise and execute Showcase events ensuring attendance of key customers such as Event Bookers and Corporate Clients.
- Be creative, resourceful and develop local initiatives to drive Pre-booked sales
- A genuine passion of the hospitality industry
- Be able to hit the ground running, build a database from scratch
- Proven track record in proactive event sales
- A natural self-starter, entrepreneurial with effective decision-making skills
- Focused on consistently exceeding customer expectations
- People focused, nurturing and motivational – gains follow-ship
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft, Outlook, Excel
This would suit someone who has the drive and determination to take the next step in their career and someone who can work independently.
The salary and benefits that were on offer were £30-35k with a competitive bonus structure