We are currently resourcing outstanding candidates on behalf of a vibrant, forward-thinking contract catering company. This company is looking for a passionate foodie to strengthen their sales team, as they continue to grow.
We are therefore looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to focus on growth of contracts within the independent education sector. It is essential that you have experience as a Business Development Manager or Sales Manager within a fresh food and service-driven contract catering environment.
Your key role will be to identify and nurture relationships with prospective new school contracts. Taking responsibility for all stages of the sales process, you will work with the sales and operational teams in formulating creative and bespoke bid documents and pricing strategies to win business. You will work closely with the new acquisition, ensuring a seamless hand over to the operational team.
The ideal candidate will need to be:
- Naturally passionate about food, foodservice and sustainability
- An engaging communicator, a natural at building long-term relationships, as opposed to ‘salesy’
- A self-starter, who is hungry, ambitious and driven to succeed, as there will be a substantial amount of time remote working/traveling
- Competitive and in it to win!
- Aware of “what good looks like” when it comes to a quality catering provision
- Creative and innovative with the ability to formulate and present bespoke catering & hospitality solutions
- Immaculately presented and confident, presenting with flair and personality
- Excellent with their written word with a keen eye for detail when compiling lengthy tender documents
- Positive about contributing to a wider winning team
- Be organised and efficient in managing a busy diary and balancing a demanding workload.
Experience of selling within the contract catering sector is essential.
This is a superb opportunity to join a well-respected contract caterer with a very good reputation in the industry. If you are interested and have the skills and experience to apply, please send your CV today (as a WORD document).
Please note, due to volume of applications, only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.