I am recruiting a Business Development Manager to join a contract caterer within the venues and B&I sectors.
As Business Development Manager your role is
- To secure new contracts for the company.
- To support the Business Development Director, along with the other Business Development Managers, implementing the sales strategy for the business.
- To deliver annual business growth targets.
- To actively promote the business to the market.
- To manage individual bids from initial introduction through tender document preparation, to final sales presentations, negotiations, and contract wins.
As Business Development Manager your main responsibilities are
- Achievement of individual annual financial budget for new contract wins.
- Developing leads from telesales and through networks.
- Conducting initial site visit meetings with potential clients, positively promoting the business to secure a place on forthcoming tenders.
- Liaising and networking with catering consultants to promote the relationship with the company and ensure they are well informed of the latest updates.
- Analysing tender opportunities and preparing a ‘bid, no bid’ case for the Business Development Director to review.
- Writing all of the content for PQQs and full tender exercises (note they do not employ bid writers so the Business Development Managers write the entire tender documents).
- Liaising with the graphic designer to design the final tender documentation for submission.
- Liaising with the wider team to pull together a full, commercially viable and profitable, financial proposal for each tender, for approval by the Business Development Director.
- Managing the bid process, organising reference site visits, menu tastings, sales presentations by coordinating with the wider team to ensure everyone is fully briefed, diaries are coordinated, and ultimately leading the process.
- Leading commercial negotiations throughout the bid process.
- Leading the tender process for existing client retention.
- Supporting the operations team 12 months prior to any retender to ensure we are ready for tender.
- Attending sector events as and when required, keeping up to date with latest trends and proposing new initiatives for the company to ensure the sales proposals are on trend and in line with current and future market needs.
As Business Development Manager, you will have experience in a similar role and you MUST have experience with bid writing. You will be target driven and have a passion for food! High knowledge of the London and other regional trends. Be personable and engaging, good with public speaking and be a great negotiator.
Basic salary of £55k – £60k, plus commission, plus performance related annual bonus, car allowance of £7.5k pa, private healthcare, pension, 3 x salary life cover – Hybrid working