Chief Operating Officer – Hotels
Our client in an international hotel business with 16 budget hotel properties across 12 European countries. The business is managed from their north London office where the Finance/ Accounts team are based, who are responsible for the fiduciary and corporate governance requirements of the Plc.
As Chief Operating Officer of this hotel business, you will need to be hands on as this is not a large corporate business, despite being a Plc, combined turnover is circa £20m. You will lead a team of 3 Operations Managers (one covering the UK properties and 2 covering the European properties), 16 hotel GM’s and the Finance and Accounts team to deliver service and year on year financial performance.
As a product in the budget hotel sector, margin management is key to the profitable success of this business, so an acute understanding of managing multiple P&L’s in essential.
The company plan to grow via organic growth and acquisition, therefore having had experience of opening and mobilising new sites would be advantageous.
We are seeking the following:
- Experience at Operations Director or COO level
- Hotel sector experience, having led multiple properties, at least 15-20
- An understanding of the European market, ideally having operationally ran or worked in hotels within Europe
- It would be desirable if you have worked within a Plc before, but not essential
- Someone with a visible, hands-on approach to leading a business
- Strong influential people skills with the ability to effectively manage remote teams across numerous countries
Like many hospitality businesses, this budget sector Hotel business is rebuilding post-covid. With a strong consumer appetite for travel again, there is the opportunity to rebuild this business, grow revenue and improve the share price, for which you will be rewarded with not only a competitive salary, but also with equity.
If you have the entrepreneurial skills and relevant sector experience to take the leadership helm of this hotel business, based from London, reporting into the Chairman, then please apply or make direct contact with Hannah Horler or Fiona Lane at Cartwheel Recruitment.