We are currently looking to recruit a strong, experienced and tenacious General Catering Manager to oversee the running of this independent boarding school, catering for up to 800 students daily, in addition to match-day and school event hospitality and 2 cafes.
Working 5 out of 7 days, this role requires the General Manager to be able to support the team throughout the services over 52 weeks per year. A high level of interaction and communication with the clients are essential. The quality of food produced is exceptional, as are the customers’ and client expectations, so a strong food knowledge and background is required.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Experience as a General Manager catering and hospitality – Independent School experience is not essential, but an understanding of contract catering is, ideally within a B&I or hotel background.
- Proven track record of working within multi-site operations or outlets
- An extremely strong manager with the proven ability to lead, motivate and develop a large team
- Be confident in liaising with clients as well as leading presentations and meeting
- Have excellent financial acumen and be able to prove this at interview level
- Up to date knowledge of the latest food trends and concepts and be able to demonstrate this
- Be genuinely passionate about fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- Be able to think logistically and work under pressure whilst remain calm and professional
The rewards for this role are paid not only in a competitive salary but also with a developed and dynamic team who are keen to welcome a strong General Manager who is going to lead by example and impart their experiences of hospitality at this level.