Head chef with true passion and the skills to be a part of a University kitchen that is looking to build a strong catering team, you must as Head chef has a good solid food background, ideally having worked in University kitchen previously.
Not just any head chef role but also that of a kitchen manager, hands on with cooking and the training and development of junior chefs as well as bringing knowledge and experience at the highest of standards, both within the office based side of this role.
Your key responsibilities as the Head Chef will consist of:
– Proactively managing and supporting a catering team and General Catering manager
– Recruiting, training, supporting and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to customer and client
– Maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget
– ensuring the offers within the three key areas are current and innovative
-full knowledge and understanding of Allergens and dietary requirements, especially around vegan and vegetarian diets.
-demonstrating a high standard and innovative knowledge of food and service.
– Ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence
– Creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
– Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
– 2 to 3 years’ experience as Head Chef within a good food offering
– Ideally two years in a University kitchen previously at a senior chef or Head chef level
– Great attention to detail
– Genuine interest in customer service excellence
– Proven leadership ability
– Proactive and ‘hands on’ approach
– Catering experience essential with chef skills
– Contract catering is desirable
-knowledge and understanding of GP and %Margins