Head Chef – Independent school- Dorset -£38k + overtime + 33 days holiday per year
Large contract caterer, whom oversee Independent and B&I contracts across the UK are seeking a good Head chef with a true and driving passion for Food.
Renowned for bringing the best level of food to the younger generation in their Schools, this role at Head chef will also open up doors to progression within the Contract Catering sector.
As Head chef you will have ideally a great and proven food background, this could be in any area of hospitality including Hotels and good restaurants, however Attitude would be key for this Head chef role and some understanding of independent schools would be an advantage.
They are looking to recruit an outstanding Head Chef for this stunning boarding school in the Dorset area, with a team of just 25- 4 of which are kitchen based and the Head chef will be key to driving the team to ensure all areas of kitchen management are addressed, from food service and delivery to weekly stock control and kitchen management in line with company directive.
As Head chef you will also be key to develop and lead a brigade who has proven experience within high end food standards. You will need the personality and engagement to lead and motivate a team through the new school calendars and new growth within the pupil numbers on site, whilst developing and implementing the highest standards of food.
Our ideal candidate will- Head chef
- Be a real ‘foodie’ at heart with absolute passion and enthusiasm for creating innovative menus
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Be financially astute and an ability to work within targets
- Demonstrate confidence with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work 52 weeks contract throughout the year- working 1 weekend in 4
- Have at least two years’ experience at Head chef level
- Ideally have experience of working within contract Catering previously- but not essential
- Be a driver with own car due to location.
- Have a passion to continually drive sales via seeking customer feedback and introducing new initiatives
If you feel that the above-mentioned details meet your skills and experience as a Head Chef and the role is of interest to you, please send over your up to date CV in a word document.
If you are not contacted within one week of application, you are not being considered for this role.