Meetings and Events Manager- £28,000- £30,000
The role would oversee a team of 3 within our conference planning function. The conference office is split into 2 segments essentially, one for incoming enquiries and one for planning/co-ordination.
As Meetings and events Manager you will have a strong M&E background experience in large scale events. plus have experience in direct line management of a team.
What is the main purpose of Meetings and events Manager
To ensure the effective management of the Final Details event teams’ activities and processes to ensure that all client requirements are communicated effectively, resulting in a successful event.
To provide support in leading and developing the Final Details event team by supporting the training, coaching and mentoring needs of the team.
To ensure all clients and potential clients receive a polite, professional and effective service and that hotel and company standards are maintained at all times.Deliver exceptional customer service by applying and attention to detail attitude at all times.To champion key activity within the Final Details events team
To ensure all revenue opportunities are seized in order to exceed budgets
To ensure the Final Details team are delivering the Company Values consistently;
With the Director of Meetings & Events Sales to monitor Final Details Key Performance Indicators to ensure Best Practice and Excellence.
To lead by example and take a hands on approach
Ensure accurate production of function sheets for each event with clear billing instructions and communication of these details to operations team.
Key responsibilities and duties of Meetings and Events Manager
* To coordinate confirmed meetings and events bookings coming through to the Conference Office to exceed expectations and maximise revenue at all times.
* To ensure that all the Company coordination disciplines and post event call procedures are followed in order to develop the business
* To coordinate each booking to the required company standards delivering an excellent service to all clients.
* To prepare and monitor Function Sheets to ensure they are completed to the agreed standard, ensuring that the information and data within Opera is quality controlled.
* To ensure events are coordinated within the agreed deadlines and any queries resolved in a timely manner.
* To conduct final details showrounds to the required standard.
* To ensure relevant information is obtained from the client in a timely fashion and that an effective chase system is in place to achieve this
* To ensure that all correspondence generated is produced to Company standards.
* To complete post event calls with 3 days of each event to maximise repeat business.
* To ensure correct account facilities are set up for each client and deposits and pre-payments are collected
* To assist in hosting Fam Trips, meet and greet or any other Corporate Event to promote the hotel and group.
* To attend any communication meetings where appropriate to represent the Sales Office
* To produce function sheets which are of the highest standard with the right amount to detail which can be easily communicated to operations to guarantee a successful event
* To be aware of the services and facilities offered by the competitor hotels in order to promote site to its full potential.
* To attend weekly training sessions as set by the Director of Meetings & Events Sales.
* To liaise with external suppliers re supply of goods and ensure these are charged to the client accordingly
* To ensure cancellation charges are captured appropriately and communicated to clients
* At every opportunity identify existing and potential clients to develop business further.
* To comply with Company and statutory procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
Meetings and events Manager- ideal experience:
Strong Meetings and events management experience within a prestious hotel/ venue
Experience of managing a team with a hands on experience and knowledge
Minimum of three years experience of pretious venue at Management level
* Support the Management team in leading the events planning team to deliver results by providing direction, coaching and mentoring
* Ensure all members of the team have participated in Group training initiatives
* To ensure a reasonable workload is distributed and Client Ownership is taken
* To ensure that all final details and other administration is completed to the correct standards at the right time
* To support with regular communication meetings with the team that include communicating the business direction and objectives, review business to date and encourage new ideas to drive the business forward.
* To be an ambassador for the Group welcoming new colleagues and helping them to settle into the business.
* Demonstrate a “can do” attitude always offering engaging hospitality to all colleagues and our guests
* Promoting the image and the brand of the Company at all times, through our behaviour and personal presentation ensuring we are always smart and ready for business at all times.
Learning and Development
* To attend and contribute to (or deliver) regular value added learning and development sessions carried out by your HOD or specialist within the business to support both business performance and personal learning.
* To ensure you perform your daily duties in accordance with the trained and communicated standards and lead by example in developing a customer focused engaging service driven hospitality offering to our guests and internal colleagues