People and Culture Operations Manager
£45K + bonus + excellent benefits
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic fresh food contract caterer operating within the corporate sector. They are looking to recruit a candidate with a natural passion for people, culture and engagement for one of their largest commercial contracts. You may already be in a similar role, or your experience may lie within operations, and you’re looking to begin a career within HR – people and employee engagement being a key focus.
This company is dedicated to delivering the highest standards of food and customer service to their clients and it is important that you share that desire too and have an absolute love of people strategy within the service industry.
Your main base for the role will be the Head Office site in West London, but as this is a National role, with multi-site people management accountability, you will also be required travel to sites across the UK.
Reporting in to and working closely with the HR Business Manager, People and Culture Manager role will take responsibility for:
- Developing and implementing an effective people and resource plan across the business working closely with the senior operations team for the National contract.
- Working with the leadership team to monitor and manage employee relations issues including investigation, grievance, absence and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintaining HR activity records, identifying trends of underperformance or high levels of employee relations and develop an action plan.
- Extensive new starter on-boarding.
- Identifying and delivering training and development interventions as required.
- Developing and embedding a safeguarding culture.
- Leading on employee engagement and supporting managers to identify and implement actions for improvement.
- Developing and coaching line management to be effective and confident in the delivery of organisational people processes and procedures.
- Supporting the operations teams in TUPE/client discussions, ensuring the best employee experience for new employees throughout transition.
- Effectively use organisational HR KPI’s to inform and support decisions which impact and improve business performance.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A vibrant and engaging style with the ability to work to a fast pace with high energy
- Credibility within their people and team leadership profile
- The knowledge and practical experience of people management processes and procedures including recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, remuneration and benefits, and employee relations.
- Knowledge and experience of TUPE (essential).
- A self-starter profile – someone who loves to make things happen!
- The ability to win hearts and minds.
- Sound listening skills, offering robust advice and guidance.
- The ability to travel between sites to accommodate business needs.
If you have a naturally engaging style, enjoy helping to bring about positive change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, our client offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a very passionate and driven team.
Please apply by sending your CV as a WORD document in the first instance.
Please note, we are only able to consider candidates within the service sector.