An exciting opportunity to work as Head of chef production, based in the Central Kitchen of London based Oriental branded Restaurant chain, supplying its restaurants across London.
There a large range of readymade and raw products and variety include different categories such as sauces, stews, wings, ribs as well as dumplings and buns.
In addition as Head of Chef production you will have the opportunity to exercise creative side by working with product development team on delivering new and seasonal products, as well as improving current ones.
Individual needs to have extensive experience of Asian and Chinese cooking and techniques, so is able to work along side the team in any department -as Head of Chef production you will be earning the team of 27’s respect and leading by example. Ability to communicate in Chinese to any degree would be a great benefit, plus hands on experience of Chinese and Oriental cooking and production is essential to the success of this role.
AS Head of chef production you will be an excellent communicator, will be very organised and have patience to support this hard working production team, both from a hands on approach and from a support role.
To add to excitement there are also planned projects which include dim sum production optimisation and/or automation, new product concept development,
Unique opportunity as Head of Chef production…
- Produce for streamlined restaurant kitchens, giving additional dimension to the task
- Gain experience of working with international supply chain from South East Asia of ingredients and finished products
- Experience working with primarily Chinese workforce
There is a support office with 3 managers/assistants to help Head of Chef Production achieve Responsibilities for the role, which include:
- Health and Safety compliance
- Maintenance and repairs
- P&L accountability / and financial responsibility
- Operated as profit centre
- Cost management (wage, wastage, and stock control)
- Production planning
- Product development and recipe costing
- Digital system control
- Ingredient order/forecast
- Supplier management
- On and off site store facility management
- Holiday & HR management
- Driver and delivery management
- Delivery Vehicle management
However primary responsibility will be focused on production.
Remuneration in £40k-£50k range. 28 paid holidays per year. Other benefits include optional private medical care, 50% staff discount when dining in the restaurants with friend and family.