Position: Healthcare Dietitian (Liverpool)
Main Purpose Healthcare Dietitian
Driving the healthcare business through nutrition.
Provision of dietetic support to Healthcare patient catering contracts in the Liverpool area
Supporting and creating growth in the company healthcare business.
Main Role and Responsibilities of healthcare Dietitian
Ensure knowledge on current and future government literature, legislation and guidelines regarding healthcare catering, nutrition and hydration.
- Support implementation of the company wide patient catering/dietetic strategy.
- Report on dietetic related areas in the commercial market where you see action is required e.g. product or resource development, communications etc
- Liaise with client dietitians on relevant issues including catering, menus, dietary supplements and special diets.
- Create client confidence.
- Menu planning, menu development and menu review as required.
- Provide nutritional analysis of menus and the provision of other allergen information such as, free from etc through the company nutrition and allergen reports.
- Liaise with catering and contract general managers/divisional directors providing technical dietetic support as required.
- Assist catering managers with menu revisions and diet coding.
- Liaise with associated colleagues and departments.
- Participate in relevant working parties in close liaison with Trust dietitians e.g. modified texture, cultural and religious meal tastings etc.
- Organise, undertake and ensure relevant staff are adequately trained on dietetic issues in conjunction with the ISS training team and onsite trainers.
- Development of relevant dietetic resources.
- Use of saffron for computer generated nutritional analysis for recipes and menus.
- Input for audits with dietetic link e.g. waste, food satisfaction
- Input into company dietetic projects.
- Develop own projects in conjunction with manager as required.
- Attend meetings with Manager.
- Attend dietetic team meetings.
- Attend divisional team meetings if relevant.
- Liaise with relevant outside organisations e.g. BDA, HCA.
- Maintain Continued Professional Development (CPD) through courses, conferences and study days.
- Maintain HCPC registration by CPD.
- Mentoring role to Catering Dietitian (if applicable)
- Experience as regional Healthcare Dietitian role or similar for at least two years
- Assistance to Head of Patient Catering on designated projects.
- Professional and personal competencies/qualifications
- BDA Qualified
- Experience as healthcare dietitian
- Degree in Dietetics or relevant degree with Diploma in Dietetics
- HCPC Registered Dietitian
- Food Safety qualification at a minimum of level 3
- Experience within a similar position as healthcare dietitian
- Flexibility to travel within two hospitals within the patch