A 4* hotel, right on the water in the Lake District is looking for an energetic, big personality Restaurant Manager, to support the F&B Manager in enhancing service and lead the team through an exciting expansion.
The successful Restaurant Manager will take ownership in effectively running the Restaurant, Rooms Service and bar areas. Guest engagement and interaction is key, and to the team a forward-thinking, lead-from-the-front manager will be beneficial.
The Restaurant Manager will have a full operational knowledge of all food items, dishes, wines, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages served in the hotel, and key responsibilities, in addition to assisting with the project management of the restaurants refurbishment will include:
- Ensuring sufficient operating equipment for service, and that stock is maintained as required.
- Pre-service briefing, and taking the opportunity to train and develop the team.
- Establish, maintain, review and improve consistent high standards of service to our customers and interacting with guests, in a way which is engaging – assisting with wine choices, upselling where possible and dealing with queries and complaints.
- Assist in achieving and maintaining GP by ensuring that purchasing, stock, wastage and expenses are continuously controlled without detriment to the agreed standards of the hotel and services offered to our guests.
- Regularly liaise with the Sales and Reception team regarding groups, dinners, functions, special events and promotional activity. Help with organising special functions/seasonable events. Promote the menu and any ‘special offers’ ensuring maximum possible revenue is achieved.
- In the Food & Beverage Managers absence, prepare reports and projects and complete administration tasks as required, e.g. sales summary sheets, stock sheets , Rotas costed/Daily orders etc.
- Work with the Maintenance team to ensure all Restaurant facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- Work in partnership with the Heads Chefs & Executive head chefs to ensure all F&B areas run smoothly.
- Complete Duty Management shifts and deal with complaints efficiently and effectively and authorise compensatory allowances within agreed limits. Make any necessary changes to avoid negative situations reoccurring. Communicate with all departments. Some Sleep over Duty Management may be required.
- Ensure that the Food and Beverage Department works in a safe manner, conforming to statutory and company Health and Safety, Fire, manual handling, COSHH, storage, disposal of waste materials and reporting of accidents. Comply with other related statutory regulations, such as Liquor Licensing and Food Hygiene Regulations.
Accommodation is available (£215p/m) and so this is an opportunity for anyone open to relocation. Key for the Restaurant Manager, is personality and drive and the ability to gain the support of the team to lead through a period of growth and change.
If this role sounds like you next step, please apply now.