Seeking a Sales and Events Executive to join a venue, which oozes a fascinating heritage in the heart of London.
As Sales and Events Executive, you will support the Head of Events and Catering to promote the venue, develop new business opportunities and establish relationships with key accounts.
To act as a point of contact for event enquires, planning and co-ordination of events with external clients.
Responsibilities & Duties
Sales & Marketing
- Co-ordinate and optimise profitable hire of the rooms within Company policy, limits of venue capacity and booking periods as directed.
- Establish and maintain contacts with event organisers to increase the number of events held at the Hall
- Build client relationship through consistency and attention to detail, establishing a good client base
- Manage key accounts closely and assist to maximise revenue from each account
- Follow up all enquiries for new and repeat business promptly
- Assist to organise and host promotional events at the Hall as directed
- Seek and develop new business and marketing opportunities in line with Company policy and the marketing budget
- Research advertising opportunities and implement agreed plans in line with the marketing budget
- Manage the production and circulation of marketing material to potential clients such as updating 3rd party websites, sending out mail shots and press releases
- Assist the Head of Events and Catering in budgeting and reviews, ensuring targets are achieved
- Notify potential clients, including members of the Company, of special promotions
- Attend relevant corporate events as agreed with the Head of Events & Catering to understand the market place and gain knowledge of competitors’ products
- Manage client meetings and site inspections
- Assist the Head of Events and Catering to organise events to develop the corporate business i.e. open evenings to showcase the venue
- Work closely and effectively with the operations team as directed
- Act in a professional manner at all times when representing the Company
- Deal with all telephone enquiries promptly and courteously
- Record and follow up all provisional bookings, maintaining liaison with clients
- Ensure that all bookings comply with Company’s terms and conditions, insurance requirements and Hall regulations
- Maintain database of all enquiries, leads, events and contacts and provide statistics and forecasts as required
- Ensure menus are properly formatted and updated in consultation with the Head Chef and the Head of Events and Catering
- Ensure efficient diary management and maintain events database
- Enter events details accurately and create event sheets
- Prepare and distribute weekly event orders the week before events
- Send contracts and ensure deposits received for all confirmed bookings, and ensure final invoices are paid within the requested timeframe
- Build and maintain an extensive database on all events clientele, private and corporate, and keep a detailed and accurate guest history of all relevant details in the events database
- All other administration tasks as directed
The ideal start date for this role is the 29th August 2023, which will enable you to have a handover with the lady leaving on Maternity leave. (This is a one-year contract). Interviews are likely to start week commencing the 3rd July 2023 with two stages.
The basic salary on offer is £35,000 plus 26 holidays plus bank holidays and pension.