An exclusive use wedding venue that has its own in-house catering and operations team to run the weddings.
looking to hire a Wedding Coordinator which is a crucial role within this established team that will be a linchpin and superstar between couples getting married and the operations team.
Bringing to the role as a Wedding Coordinator all your experience assist and create with the couples perfect wedding day, supporting and giving ideas for menus, timings, outside suppliers, accommodation and pricing in line with the venue guidelines. Being super organised and a huge support that is needed to effectively communicate and coordinate throughout the business and to ensure each and every couple have the best possible Wedding day.
As Wedding Coordinator the role will include:
- Being confident and responsible for answering any questions post confirmation and making initial contact with couples at least 8 months in advance of their wedding to schedule their planning meeting appointments prior to the wedding, diarising within the system, sending confirmation to the couple via email along with appropriate documentation to them in advance of this meeting.
- Replying to all communications within determined SLA’s delivering the high quality of service that is expected from the Venue as Wedding Coordinator.
- To produce accurate paperwork and invoices following each planning meeting and to communicate wedding details to the relevant departments in accordance with the required timescales.
- To assist at tasting days, open days, and sales events as required by the business.
- To commence work as early as 8.30am on weddings days and meet with the arrival of key wedding party guests and to ensure the smooth running of each wedding, maintaining high standards at all times. Departing after the first dance with a detailed handover to the evening manager.
- To attend and manage the breakfast service the following day ensuring all items are collected and all guests are happy.
- To be responsible for ensuring standards of service are adhered to at all times by the team on wedding and event days, including presentation of staff, presentation of venue, customer service and cleanliness of both back and front of house areas.
- To be responsible for liaising with the Head Chef and Food & Beverage Manager to convey specific requirements of the wedding party and to ensure all food allergens are discussed with the Head Chef prior to the wedding day as Wedding Coordinator.
- Reporting any issues or damages to the General Manager the following morning in order that the necessary steps can be taken.
About You as Wedding Coordinator
- You will need to have a genuine passion in hospitality, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised, numerate, proactive, and approachable.
- You will need to work effectively under pressure and deal with the unexpected., thinking on your feet a given.
- Proven previous experience of wedding and event management experience is essential or as a Wedding Coordinator.
- Previous experience in customer service is essential.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Some experience in managing a team.
- Computer literacy essential with strong administration skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to always maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Prepared to work evenings, weekends, and shift patterns that the business requires.
- You will need to hold a valid driving license and have your own car, due to location of site and no public transport close by.
Wedding Coordinator the Salary: £27,000 per year.
All new employees will be required to have been double vaccinated for Covid-19.